At Interis | BDO, we deliver the full spectrum of services to help organizations improve their performance, implement change and manage risk. We bring solutions to the challenges and opportunities faced by our clients. We create actionable plans that yield measurable business value. Perhaps most importantly, we stand by our clients every step of the way, working closely and collaboratively with them until they reach their goals.
Interis | BDO is built on the strength of our relationships with our clients, employees and partners. It begins with our care and concern in building our professional workforce. We are currently seeking a Manager to join our team of recognized leaders who assist clients in creating strategic, practical and effective processes to minimize organizational risks and maximize business opportunities. From enterprise-wide risk initiatives, to corporate governance programs, to specific niche service solutions, our team offers a combination of services within the following areas:
- Internal audit
- Enterprise risk management
- Internal controls design and assessment
- Program evaluation
- Independent project review
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop working relationships with client contacts
- Identify improvements and learnings to apply in future assignments.
- Share knowledge and experience with peers and less experienced staff.
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Review, document, evaluate and test business processes and internal controls.
- Ensure high quality in client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing Managers of engagement status, and managing staff performance.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Communicate client findings to the engagement and management teams and working with them to provide an integrated message to the client.
- Collaborate to the development, monitoring, evolution and implementation of processes and tools with regard to risk management and the supervision function
- Contribute to business development and sales initiatives as directed by Senior Managers and Partners.
- Maintain a proactive and logical approach to information gathering, with an ability to combine complex ideas and present information clearly and effectively
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in business and/or other related major
- Professional designation required or pursuing (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, etc.)
- 3 - 6 years of professional experience
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in risk management and/or internal audit
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data and information
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in: anticipating and diagnosing problems that arise during projects, building and documenting solutions, drafting effective communications for clients, managing and coordinating projects
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Effective time management skills
- Hold a valid Government of Canada security clearance.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.