BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently hiring for a Senior Commodity Tax Accountant for our Toronto team. The successful candidate will work with Tax Managers and Senior Leaders regarding tax consulting and compliance engagements for a broad client base. This is a full time permanent job opportunity.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Offers commodity tax planning services to clients
- Supports commodity tax issues within the region
- Corresponds with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Prepares clients HST/GST compliance and HST/GST returns
- Remain up to date with all legislation pertaining to commodity tax
- Research commodity tax issues and prepare memorandum
- Review commodity tax issues and prepare memorandum
- Review client’s HST/GST procedures for Audit purposes
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Qualified CA, CGA or CMA with successful completion of the CICA GST In-Depth Tax Course (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working within a Commodity Tax role
- Ability to support a wide variety of client simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.