Within our Ontario Atlantic Region, the North Bay office of BDO Canada LLP is seeking a qualified Intermediate Accountant to join our Assurance and Accounting team.
In an environment of continuous learning, the incumbent carries out the completion of work projects and assignments under the direct supervision of their manager or another more experienced team member. In conjunction with their manager and other team members, the Intermediate Staff Accountant gathers audit evidence based on Assurance & Accounting engagements
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses, non-profit organizations and municipalities
- Apply relevant technical proficiency and knowledge acquired through assigned work, self-study, participation in courses, and study of current technical reports and information
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Draft the tax return for review
- Ensure all working papers are updated to reflect the final version of the financial statements
- Follow up on review notes, confirmations received and outstanding issues to assist the Manager in the completion of the file
- Gather all pertinent information for the notes to the financial statements and draft the notes that are relevant to your sections of the file
- Gather management letter points for discussion with the manager/partner and review the prior year’s reported management points to determine their current status
- Initiate discussions with the manager/senior to make him/her aware of the status of your sections
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Pursuing or have obtained a professional designation (CA, CMA or CGA)
- 1-2 years of experience in Auditing/Accounting.
- Previous experience with an accounting or tax program such as Caseware, Caseview or Taxprep an asset.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of accounting policies and assurance techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism.
- Able to work on an A&A team within a group cluster of BDO offices.
- This role may require some travel to client sites
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.