BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently hiring for a Manager, Outsourcing within our Markham Office. The successful candidate will oversee bookkeeping and other Outsourcing engagements and deliverables related to client engagements. This is a full time permanent job opportunity.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute Outsourcing engagements in accordance with all relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- Apply all relevant technical knowledge to issues arising on client engagements and ensure issues are addressed and appropriately documented
- Apply appropriate industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the clients business.
- Complete detailed review of bookkeeping and ad-hoc engagements to ensure the engagement/project is performed in accordance with Firm standards
- Exercising the professional judgement in relation to accounting and taxation issues
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to accounting standards.
- Providing both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for projects and engagements
- Begin to develop and build on new business opportunities with existing clients, and continually maintain a positive client relationship
- Planning staff allocation and working with team members to complete projects on time and within budgets.
- Develops the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Participating in interviews and assisting in the selection of new talent as well as oversee training and development of bookkeeping staff
- Conduct or provide input into staff performance reviews
- Prioritizing projects, establish budgets and assigning staff to meet client deadlines.
- Work independently on special assignments and more difficult bookkeeping engagements according to business needs.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- 5+ Years professional experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller.
- Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA) required.
- Prior internal or external client service and conflict resolution experience is required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Sage, and Microsoft NAV considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Completes addition ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
- High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.