BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is currently looking to hire a Tax Manager to be part of our Vancouver team. We are seeking a qualified candidate who demonstrates abilities to deal with sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for the review of tax files concentrating on tax provisions and related compliance primarily for public companies.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Offer tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts
- Responsible for review of tax files (quarterly, yearly, other) concentrating on tax provisions and related compliance
- Special engagements such as due diligence etc.
- Research tax issues and prepare internal and external memorandum
- Manage staff in the Tax group and provides daily guidance, coaching and develops their knowledge of Tax
- Provide Tax Training at internal and external professional tax skill development sessions
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Qualified Canadian CPA, CA with successful completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Course (level I & II preferred)
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a Public Accounting Practice with a Tax Specialty
- Minimum of 1 year of managerial experience
- Sound technical knowledge of Canadian Tax related issues
- Motivated and diligent in maintaining current technical knowledge in the area of Tax
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware/Caseview and TaxPrep
- Solid knowledge of IFRS/GAAP requirements for tax provisions
- Previous experience in reviewing quarterly and annual tax provisions and corporate Tax returns
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.