BDO's Embrun office is seeking a qualified Chartered Accountant to join our growing team at a Manager level.
The Manager, Assurance & Accounting, oversees assurance and non-assurance engagements and deliverables directly related to client engagements in accordance with Firm and professional standards. With the development of their knowledge and experience, Managers will have increased responsibilities and accountability for staff development, supervision and engagement.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Complete the detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagements and Assurance & Accounting projects to ensure that the engagement/project is in accordance with the relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- Manage the efficient completion of assurance and non-assurance engagements and Assurance & Accounting projects within required budgets and deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Effectively manage and focus Firm resources, apply appropriate industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Apply all relevant technical knowledge to technical issues arising on client engagements and ensure the issues are addressed and appropriately documented in accordance with the appropriate professional standards and Firm policies
- Apply appropriate industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Conduct and assist others on the engagement team with research as necessary on technical matters related to client situations
- Develop the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Conduct or provide input into staff performance reviews
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standards
- Provide both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for assurance and non-assurance engagements (reviews, compilations, special reports, etc), and Assurance & Accounting projects (Assurance & Accounting projects may include preparation of financial statements, due diligence procedures, services related to capital raising, and involvement in tax services provided to assurance and non-assurance clients)
- Work independently on special assignments and more difficult corporate or tax assignments according to business needs
- Apply effective marketing and selling skills to develop a portfolio of new clients
- Begin to develop and build on new business opportunities with existing clients, and continually maintain a positive client relationship, where periodic visits to client sites is required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and French
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a public accounting firm
- Professional designation required (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA)
- Advanced accounting and tax skills
- Highly organized and effective coordinator
- Ability to deal with pressure, work flexible hours and multi-task
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage deadlines
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
- High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism
- Experienced leader with strong team building and coaching skills
- Act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
- Ability to deal with conflict and resolution
- Committed to on-going professional growth and development
- Support the Vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
- Experience with Caseware, Caseview and TaxPrep an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.