BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently looking for a full-time experienced Senior Accountant for our Whistler, BC office. The successful candidate will work within our Assurance & Accounting practice for a broad client base while working closely with the team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of a Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for completion of all aspects of the entire engagement and the on-the-job training of other team members.
- The successful candidate completes the analysis of the work related to Accounting projects and engagements.
-Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements, bookkeeping, personal and corporate tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises.
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to engagement.
- Plan and execute accounting engagements.
- Identify process improvements for future assignments and share their knowledge and experience with other team members
- Completion of additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
- Must be organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business
- Three or more years of relevant work experience
- This role will require the ability to work extra hours from time-to-time per business requirements
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.