BDO Canada is seeking a creative, proactive individual with superior organizational skills to assist with the overall operation of our Talent Acquisition (TA) Team. The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, work well in a fast paced environment, thrive under pressure and provide an exceptional candidate experience. This position will be for an initial 4 month term with possibility of extension.
This role is primarily responsible for supporting the coordination and administration of the Firm’s TA program as well as all aspects of our Talent Brand amplification strategy through social media. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support the Talent Acquisition team by sourcing, identifying and building relationships with potential candidates.
- Posting job opportunities on various channels with assistance from the Talent Acquisition Specialists.
- Assist with scheduling interviews and facilitating communication between candidates and interviewers. (Confirmation calls/emails, answer applicant inquiries and track and document responses).
- Responsible for forwarding viable candidates and referrals for further relationship building and interviewing.
- Participate in TA driven projects, communicate issues, concerns and questions, and understand changing project requirements and best practices.
- Responsible for contributing posts, content and updates, as well as, monitoring BDO's social media channels as it relates to Talent Brand amplification.
- Assist in coordinating campus recruitment events in conjunction with the Campus Talent Acquisition Team
- Coordinate firm wide order and distribution of campus and experienced hire material including giveaways, brochures and other supplies.
- Provide assistance to the other functions of the Talent Acquisition Team as required.
- General Talent Acquisition Office administrative duties as required.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Degree, Diploma or Certification in Human Resources Management, Marketing or related program is an asset.
- 1 – 2 years of Recruitment, Sales/Marketing or HR experience.
- Desire to establish a long-term career in Talent Acquisition.
- High level of professionalism and confidence when dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a demanding, fast-paced office environment.
- Driven and energetic self-starter who thrives on a challenge.
- Exceptional client focus with strong professional acumen.
- Dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative and independence.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Experience in event planning and coordination.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, a collaborative nature, and the ability to work in a cross-team environment.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); familiarity with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is a bonus.
- Bilingualism will be considered a strong asset.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.