The Cornwall office of BDO Canada LLP is a rapidly growing practice. We currently have an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Accountant, Tax. The successful candidate will be offered challenging opportunities and an enriching client exposure in a variety of industries. We are seeking individuals that have demonstrated abilities to work within a confidential environment, are flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role, and are comfortable working independently and in teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities
- Effectively communicating internally on various tax matters
- Has appropriate technical knowledge for level and nature of client work assigned
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis
- Preparation or review of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms (which may include an initial focus on preparation work while working towards reviewing all of the above)
- Research tax issues and prepare memorandum or client letters, including writing report/letter at the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Prepare tax accrual working in accordance with applicable accounting standards
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- University degree in accounting
- CPA designation would be an asset
- Minimum four years of experience in public accounting with a specialization in tax for a minimum of two years
- Enrolled or Successful completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Course
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism
- Previous experience with accounting and tax softwares
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.