BDO Canada has an immediate opening for a Manager, Industry Marketing to join the Markeplace team. The position is located in the National Office in downtown Toronto, close to Union Station and the TTC.
BDO is the fifth largest professional services firm in the world. With more than 100 offices from Vancouver to St. John’s, with over 3,000 professionals who are committed to providing clients with practical advice and insight, tailored to their industries and unique priorities and ambitions.
Reporting directly to the National Industry & Services Marketing Leader you are responsible for managing marketing and operations of the firm’s national industry program. This role is viewed as the cornerstone of our industry go-to-market strategy and a quintessential experience for a manager focused on enhancing their leadership and creative marketing skills. When you join the Marketing team at BDO, you hit the ground running to support the firm’s vision and ambitious growth objectives. This individual must be a dedicated team-player, with the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to perform multiple tasks on short deadlines, the ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills, and is comfortable taking a hands-on approach to all elements of BDO’s national industry program to increase the firm’s brand, presence and profile in the chosen industries.
- Works collaboratively with the National Industry and Service Line Marketing Leader and the National Industry Leadership team to implement go-to-market strategies and tactics that strengthen BDO’s market position in the industry
- Works closely with the national industry leaders, as well as the firm’s thought leaders, business line leaders and professional practice to outline, research and create a variety of engaging content, including website content, blogs, webinars, videos, articles, white papers, timely points of views and other types of publications in support of the firm’s growth strategy
- Project manages multiple intricate industry programs and campaigns from development through to execution and implementation, including signature events and issues-based activities
- Ensures industry teams are aligned with the appropriate industry associations with the right amount of visibility and profile
- Build and maintain relationships with industry associations and external service providers
- Supports the development of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Collaborate with industry teams to develop and maintain effective marketing collateral
- Plays a leading role in the identification of specific industry issues and opportunities that the firm can respond to with insights and knowledge
- Identifies and puts forth creative and bold ideas to raise the profile of BDO with clients and prospects
- Ensures external web pages and social media channels are current and regularly updated for the chosen industries
- Develop process to share knowledge and performance metrics to program stakeholders and team members
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- 6-10 years of relevant industry and marketing work experience in a professional services environment
- University degree in business or related discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience working on planning and implementation of integrated marketing programs and campaigns
- National program management experience
- Experience in business-to-business marketing and sales
- Convert business plans, firm goals and objectives into marketing plans and campaigns
- Significant professional presence with the ability to adapt to various working styles and functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels – staff and partners
- Maintain a high level understanding of our clients’ industry issues and needs and ensuring appropriate marketing messages and responses.
- Superior communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) that will enable you to lead the thinking of decision makers and industry leaders of the firm
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects, multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.