Within BDO’s Advisory Services offering, our Risk Advisory Service team is a rapidly growing practice which combines proven auditing and risk management processes, methodologies and technology with seasoned professionals with industry experience. Our commitment is that we will provide BDO Clients with outstanding service.
We are seeking a full time Manager, IT Audit to work in conjunction with its team in developing the practice and in the delivery of consulting mandates. In this key role you will support many key advisory services projects:
- IS Audits
- SOC Reports
- Security Reviews
- IT Controls Assurance
- Independent Audits
The successful candidate must have a consultative nature, with solid skills in building client relationships and participation in projects. We are looking for an individual who will utilize their knowledge and experience to review projects from the initial stage through closing to ensure quality and consistency. We require individuals who have a commitment to providing excellence in business development and client service, and who are able to listen to client issues, think through a situation, consider alternative solutions and take action.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Manage IT related aspects of financial statements, internal control engagements and other projects
- Assist in leading a multidisciplinary, high growth, consulting environment in IT Risk Transformation, GRC implementation projects and other Advisory projects
- Establish strong relationships with clients at all levels of experience and lead business initiatives
- Provide value-added analysis of an organization's IT Governance, internal control structure, performance, productivity, and efficiency
- Review, design and implementation of optimal IT Governance models aligned to business goals and strategies, and aligning IT policy management with business and risk management requirements
- Ability to perform independent IT project reviews to assess progress, quality and attainment of project and program objectives
- Ability to assess whether mechanisms exist to ensure that IT projects are aligned with corporate objectives and whether senior management has reliable IT project information for decision making purposes
- Perform Third Party Assurance engagements – CSAE 3416/ SSAE 16 (SOC1, SOC2, SOC3)
- Maintain excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate a significant level of self-initiative and autonomy
- Systematically analyze and identify problems in order to determine the causes and propose solutions
- Actively develop business opportunities and create a network of potential client contacts
- Work closely with consultants and ensure quality delivery to clients; as well as managing the financial aspects of the engagement through staffing and monitoring fees.
- Build strong internal relationships with BDO and with other services across the organization.
- Superior leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Act with professionalism and integrity when working with confidential and sensitive information
- Results-oriented with attention to detail and the ability to be effective in both a hands-on and managerial role
- Maintain a proactive and logical approach to information gathering, with an ability to combine complex ideas and present information clearly and effectively
- Ability to think strategically and systematically, with strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills in order to identify key issues and recommend clearly defined solutions and/or responses
- Demonstrate integrity within a professional environment
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- IT Audit Experience/ Financial statement audit experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in audit, managing and/or leading projects
- Significant experience with Cobit. (ISO 27000, PCI Standards, NIST, etc. are considered assets)
- Information technology operations or internal audit experience with project manager or information security would be considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business and/or related major
- Must be in the process or actively pursuing related professional certifications as CISA, CISSP etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with both Finance and Information Technology (IT) staff at all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving and decision making ability and experience in IT Operations.
- Proficiency in identifying, evaluating and testing IT General Controls, including: logical access, program change and IT operational controls and in a highly automated business processes.
- Experience in: anticipating and diagnosing problems that arise during projects, building and documenting solutions, drafting effective communications for clients, managing and coordinating projects.
- Effective time management skills. One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
- Willingness to travel
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.