Our Cornwall office is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for our Audit & Assurance Group. If you excel in a challenging, dynamic environment, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Conducting audits on small to medium sized organizations in a variety of industries
- Preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s,T3s, T4s, T5s, GST/HST)
- Notice to readers and review engagements
- Auditing financial statements of business clients as a team member or audit senior
- Effective communication with our clients, government agencies and with our managers and staff
- Keeping managers and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis of progress and significant issues
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Participate in new business development initiatives
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual in English and French is considered a strong asset
- Must hold a professional accounting designation or must be near completion
- 3+ years of relevant public practice experience directly related to Private Enterprise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Experience with CaseWare an asset
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.