BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada’s Cranbrook office is currently looking to hire a Manager and/or Senior Accountant to join our Assurance and Accounting practice! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a wide variety of clients, overseeing assurance and non-assurance engagements and deliverables.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Review assurance and non-assurance engagements for private enterprise clients to ensure that relevant professional standards and Firm policies are followed
• Effectively plan, execute assurance and non-assurance engagements and Assurance & Accounting projects
• Assurance & Accounting projects may include preparation of financial statements, due diligence procedures, services related to capital raising, and involvement in tax services provided to assurance and non-assurance clients
• Address Client issues in a timely manner, following BDO Policy and using your strong technical skills and accounting experience
• Apply appropriate industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
• Provide both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for assurance and non-assurance engagements
• Provide coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work
• Research as necessary technical matters related to client situations
• Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standards
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Professional designation required (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA)
• 3+ years of progressive professional experience in an accounting and/or assurance role
• Related experience and expertise in area of assurance & accounting
• Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
• Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.