BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada’s Edmonton Office is looking for a Manager, Assurance and Accounting. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their client portfolio and develop relationships, overseeing assurance and non-assurance engagements and deliverables. As Manager, you will have lead teams and develop direct relationships with your client base. We also have a growing First Nations practice and would consider experience or a keen interest in this industry as an asset.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review assurance and non-assurance engagements and Assurance & Accounting projects to ensure that relevant professional standards and Firm policies are followed
- Assurance & Accounting projects may include preparation of financial statements, due diligence procedures, services related to capital raising, and involvement in tax services provided to assurance and non-assurance clients
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute assurance and non-assurance engagements and Assurance & Accounting projects
- Perform Supervisory Tasks such as; staff performance reviews, recruitment and effectively supervise staff. Provide coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work
- Research as necessary technical matters related to client situations
- Provide both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for assurance and non-assurance engagements (audits, reviews, compilations, special reports, etc), and Assurance & Accounting projects
- Address Client issues in a timely manner, following BDO Policy and using your strong technical skills and accounting experience
- Begin to develop a portfolio of new clients and business opportunities with existing clients
- Apply appropriate industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standardsopportunities on an on-going basis
- Work independently on special assignments and more difficult corporate or tax assignments according to business needs
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional designation required (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA)
- 5+ years of professional experience in an accounting and/or assurance role
- Experience working with First Nations client considered an asset
- Related experience and expertise in area of assurance & accounting
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.