We are seeking a qualified Intermediate Accountant in our Assurance and Accounting department to join our growing team. This position will be located in our Huntsville office.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
Apply relevant technical proficiency and knowledge acquired through assigned work, self study, participation in courses, and study of current technical reports and information
Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
Complete the tax matters schedule where it relates to your section of the file
Draft the tax return for review
Ensure all working papers are updated to reflect the final version of the financial statements
Follow up on review notes, confirmations received and outstanding issues to assist the Manager in the completion of the file
Gather all pertinent information for the notes to the financial statements and draft the notes that are relevant to your sections of the file
Gather management letter points for discussion with the manager/partner and review the prior year’s reported management points to determine their current status
Initiate discussions with the manager/senior to make him/her aware of the status of your sections
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Pursuing or have obtained a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 1-2 years of experience in Auditing/Accounting
- Previous experience with an accounting or tax program such as Caseware, Caseview or Taxprep an asset
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of accounting policies and assurance techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism.
- This role may require some travel to client sites
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
BDO is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.