BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
Our BDO offices across the GTA (Burlington, Mississauga, Toronto and Markham) are seeking a Senior Manager, Tax to be part of our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Tax clients, contributing to strategic planning and client management initiatives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conducts formal project/team performance reviews and provides input to individual performance ratings
- Contributes to the successful recruitment of new talent
- Develops the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Tax assignments may include the evaluation of client business processes and policies, providing advice on policy and tax changes necessary to meet changing market needs, and developing proactive tax strategies to make effective use of business opportunities. Plans, scopes and directs complex client assignments/projects, determining assignment costs, resources and fees for Partner approval.
- Has broad financial, resource and administrative accountabilities in addition to operations project work
- Initiates strategic and commercial client contact, ensuring that all client needs are met and that account development follows
- Maintains relationships with clients at the highest level Accountable for most operational aspects of client engagement submit to varying levels of Partner involvement which may include travel to client sites.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a public accounting practice
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience in domestic reorganization
- Qualified Canadian CPA/CA with successful completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (level I & II at a minimum)
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware / Caseview and TaxPrep
- Experience in reviewing corporate and personal tax returns
- Strong organization and time management skills
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
BDO is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries which are satisfactory to us.