BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
Our BDO offices across the GTA (Burlington, Mississauga, Toronto and Markham) are seeking a Senior Manager, Assurance and Accounting. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their client portfolio and develop relationships, overseeing assurance and non-assurance engagements and deliverables.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Effectively lead engagement teams in the planning and execution of Assurance & Accounting projects and engagements. Projects may include preparing of statutory accounts, due diligence, capital raising, and tax returns
• Develop and maintain client relationships at the highest level, including accountability for most operations aspects of client engagement
• Ability to assume broader financial, resource and administrative accountabilities in addition to individual engagement work
• Develop the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities
• Conduct formal project team performance reviews and provide input relating to individual performance ratings
• In conjunction with HR, participate in interviews and assist in selecting new talent during recruitment periods
• Initiate strategic and commercial client contact, ensuring that all client needs are met and that account development and fee growth follows
• Plan, scope and direct complex client assignments/projects, determining assignment costs, resources and fees for Partner approval
• Prepare and deliver financial statements according to Firm and regulatory standards in a timely manner
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• CPA Professional designation required
• 8+ years of professional experience in an accounting and/or assurance role
• Related experience and expertise in area of assurance & accounting
• Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
• Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.