BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
Our BDO offices across the GTA (Burlington, Mississauga, Toronto and Markham) are seeking a Senior Accountant, Audit & Assurance to join our team. As the successful candidate, you will develop your professional accounting career while receiving unparalleled mentorship from our industry experts.
Your sound technical knowledge of audit and assurance concepts will ensure that we continue to effectively deliver exceptional service to our clients, government agencies, partners and staff – demonstrating drive, integrity and passion for our clients and practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Preparation of year-end engagements and tax returns for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
• Responsible for planning and carrying out work related to Assurance & Accounting and income tax engagements
• Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprise
• Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
• Auditing financial statements of business clients as a team member or audit senior
• Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
• Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
• Participate in new business development initiatives through preparation of materials for new business presentations and meetings, writing proposals, etc.
• Keeping partners and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis, of progress and significant issues
• Providing advice and training to other staff members
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Professional Accounting designation (CPA), along with expansive knowledge of GAAP
• Minimum of three years of public accounting experience is required, including ability to organize and manage audits engagements.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
• Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism
• Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectation
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.