BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is looking to hire an International Tax Manager to be part of our Calgary office. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage a portfolio of medium to large sized International Tax clients while also supporting Domestic Tax clients as need be, including financial management and the oversight of project deliverables by team members. The successful candidate will have experience within International and Domestic tax.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in M&A activities including tax planning on purchase and sale of a business, tax due diligence activities, develop financial models and assistance with tax structuring for either the buyer and/or seller
- Tax consulting activities to include advising on international expansion, inbound expansion into Canada, assistance with tax controversy matters, preparation of tax memorandums and research on complex tax matters
- Tax assignments may include the evaluation of client business processes and policies, providing advice on policy and tax changes necessary to meet changing market needs, and developing proactive tax strategies to make effective use of business opportunities. Plans, scopes and directs complex client assignments/projects, determining assignment costs, resources and fees for Partner approval.
- Developing a portfolio of clients while identifying and developing new business opportunities with existing clients.
- Develops the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Conducts formal project/team performance reviews and provides input to individual performance ratings.
- Contributes to the successful recruitment of new talent.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Five or more years of experience in a public accounting practice
- Possess experience and expertise within Domestic Tax
- Exposure to International Tax through experience or an educational setting
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience in domestic reorganization
- Qualified Canadian CPA/CA with either the pursuit or successful completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware / Caseview and TaxPrep
- Experience in reviewing corporate and personal tax returns
- Strong organization and time management skills
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.