BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada's BC Interior offices are seeking a qualified Bookkeeping Client Relationship Specialist to join our growing team.
Under the supervision of the Outsourcing Partner, the successful candidate is responsible for delivering exceptional service and acting as a liaison between BDO's Outsourcing clients, BDO’s Center of Excellence for Bookkeeping and local office professionals.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Onboarding of new clients and providing ongoing support to client contacts regarding Bookkeeping & Payroll services.
- Acts as a first point of contact for BDO's clients, answers questions and provides general client support.
- Delivers exceptional client service and experience.
- Takes ownership for the team's ability to meet monthly filing deadlines for the Firm’s clients.
- Keeps Manager or Partner informed on status of files and issues as required.
- Facilitates information sharing between client and client delivery team.
- Assists the Manager or Partner with following up on leads and completes scope of services for new clients.
- Sends scope of services form and background information to the team for quote/proposal
- Works with the team to create of quote for new engagements.
- Reports success back to the team and creates engagement letters for CRM to review and have signed.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Relevant professional experience in an accounting and/or bookkeeping role.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business would be an asset.
- Related experience and good working knowledge in accounting systems.
- Prior internal and external client service and conflict resolution experience.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Exceptional communication, time and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism.
- Supports BDO's vision by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.