BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is currently seeking to fill a position of Senior Manager, Expatriate Tax for our Montreal Expatriate Tax group. This position will appeal to those who specialize in expatriate tax and are looking to work in a challenging and interesting work environment. This is a full time, permanent position.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Provide guidance and training to the team in the preparation of the Canadian and US individual tax returns
• Review of Canadian and US individual income tax returns
• Expatriate tax planning and advice, including:
o Providing tax interviews for individuals departing or entering Canada
o Assisting with cross-border payroll research and the calculations
o Assisting with the taxation and allocation of compensation between countries
o Assisting with the expatriate tax policies and tax equalizations
o Assisting the team with corresponding with the CRA and foreign tax authorities
• Various consulting which include researching the income tax issues; such as compensation, global equity plans and other expatriate tax issues.
• Work closely with the Partner in charge of the practice to develop and support the team
• Exploring opportunities with the Montreal area partners with respect to their clients as well as other opportunities in the Montreal area
• Engage in business development initiatives to further grow the practice
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• A Senior Tax Manager in public practice or equivalent position in the industry, with a focus on expatriate tax
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Professional accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CGA, CPA CMA)
• Well developed interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to contribute to the development of the team members
• Desire to grow professionally
• Bilingualism (English and French)
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.