BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The Vernon and Salmon Arm BDO Canada LLP offices are looking for a Senior Accountant, Tax to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will be offered challenging opportunities and an enriching client exposure in a variety of industries. Working with tax specialists and other team members on tax consulting and compliance engagements while working closely with the assurance and audit services team. We are seeking individuals that have demonstrated abilities to work within a confidential environment, are flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role, and are comfortable working independently and in teams.
- Developing and implementing strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities
- Identifying and documenting tax filing positions including risk analysis
- Preparing or reviewing personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms
- Researching tax issues and preparing memoranda or client letters and reports
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- University degree (or an unrelated degree and the completion of the CPA PREP)
- CPA designation (or partial completion of CPA program)
- Minimum two years of experience in public accounting with a strong interest in tax
- Desire to complete the CICA In-depth Tax Course (or current enrollment in this course)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism
- Previous experience with accounting and tax software
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.