The Tax Services team of our downtown Montreal office is presently looking for a Senior Tax Manager who will be involved in the provision of tax services to our SME clients and who will manage the staff. The candidate will be responsible for reviewing tax files, with a specific focus on researching and resolving complex tax-related issues. We are looking for an energetic person who will motivate others to be the best they can be.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Contribute to consulting and tax compliance mandates for a varied client base, while working closely with the Tax customer service team, the Financial Advisory Services and the Assurance and Accounting team
- Develop and apply innovative tax planning ideas through timely delivery of products and services
- Propose practical and innovative tax solutions to clients and draw relevant conclusions
- Manage staff in the Tax group and provide daily guidance, coaching and development of their tax knowledge
- Research tax issues and prepare memorandums
- Understand and continually develop a sound understanding of Canadian taxation concepts and efficiently apply your knowledge of taxation to situations affecting clients
- Work on special engagements such as due diligence
- Diligence in maintaining current technical knowledge in the area of tax
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CGA, CPA CMA)
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course (Levels I & II)
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in tax
- Specific experience in SME client service
- Strong knowledge of GAAP requirements for tax provisions
- Exposure to U.S. tax would be an asset
- Ability to develop, manage and maintain client relationships
- Previous managerial and/or supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, in both French and English
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Office, Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm, engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.